Sunday, January 11, 2009

Words from five-year-old, and soon-to-be-six, Zachary


On Friday, while riding in the car, listening to "O Come Let Us Adore Him," on the CD , Zachary said, "I wonder how old God is, since it's already been Christmas."


Yesterday I received the latest issue of Esquire Magazine in the mail which has a picture of the president-elect on the cover. I held the magazine up and asked Zachary if he knew who was on the cover and he replied: "Obronco Obama."


Today we bought him a new pair of size one air Sketchers at Fred Meyer and he responded by saying Thank you, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, over and over again and then in the car on the way home while holding them in his lap, he said, "I'm a lucky man!"

A couple weeks ago while watching The Sound of Music, at the scene where Maria is arriving at her new job to care for the seven children, and first enters the Captain's mansion to see the large cavernous room, the hallways, and chandelier, Zachary said, "That kinda looks like an art museum and they forgot the art."

1 comment:

Me said...

Your son sounds so adorable. He reminds me a bit of my 7 year old. Kids are awesome at this age, are they not?